Sunday, October 30, 2011

SOME PUMPKIN FUN!

 Take a look at some of our pumpkin fun from my PLENTY OF PUMPKINS thematic unit.
We turned our pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns.  Each student went shape shopping to design their Jack-O's face.  Each one is different!
This is one of the non-fiction pumpkin books I read.
The students make a pumpkin circle necklace for retelling the life cycle of a pumpkin.

Here's our class pumpkin, Jack-O!

Here's Jack-O after we carved his face.  Sorry about the picture but I couldn't get it to rotate.

I used the document camera and we worked together discussing the steps of carving a pumpkin.  The students used the Sounds Chart and Stretchy Snake to write the words.

Run, run as fast as you can.  You can't catch me!  I'm the pumpkin man.
 
We made pumpkin books!







Jack-O is stuffed with treats!

This is the back side of Jack-O.  Each student counted the shapes used.

No comments:

Post a Comment